The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) is A new federal lawÂ that is shaping transition and employment services for individuals with disabilities around the country, including Wisconsin. On Jan. 12, 2017, InControl Wisconsin held a webinar to share information about this law and how it affects you or the people you work with. Â If you were unable to join us for that webinar, you can still listen to a recording of that webinar (see below). Also below are additional resources that were mentioned during the webinar.
Thank you to our speakers for sharing their expertise:
- Nancy Molfenter, Ph.D. , Transition Specialist and Transition Improvement Grant Director on the Special Education Team at the Department of Public Instruction
- Pam Jenson, Transition Improvement Grant Project and Data Coordinator.
- Sarah Lincoln, Program and Policy Analyst for the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR).
- Deanna Krell, a Director for the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and co-lead of DVR’s Statewide Transition Team and transition-related activities
- Webinar recording. (Note when listening: the recording starts about a minute after the introduction to the webinar began).
- Powerpoint presentation used during the webinar
- Transition Services
- WIOA Summary for Schools
- iTransition – A student and family friendly app to assist in the student’s Postsecondary Transition Planning (PTP)
- WIOA Frequently Asked Questions (1/5/17)
- WIOA Competitive Integrated EmploymentÂ Annual Outreach and Review Services
- Transition Action Guide (long version)
- Transition Action Guide (short version)
- DVR Liaisons to WI Schools
- Services for Subminimum Wage Workers
- Wisconsin Sheltered Workshops
A special thank you to Employment Resources, Inc. (ERI) for providing the webinar platform and technical assistance to make this webinar possible.Â