Join InControl Wisconsin, older adults, their families, and the professionals who support them for this unique event celebrating and exploring self-determination and empowerment in aging.
When: Tuesday, June 06, 2017 – Wednesday, June 07, 2017 12:00 PM
Wilderness Resort – Glacier Canyon Conference Center
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin 53965
Group hotel rates of $82 single, $99 double/triple/quad are available at the Wilderness Resort, Call reservations at 1-800-867-9453 and book under the Self-Determination in Aging conference, Leader # 574499. Discounted rates available until May 19. Register early for guaranteed availability!
Registration is now open for the 2017 Aging Empowerment Conference. Registration Deadline: June 1, 2017.
Summit | $50
Conference Older Adult | $95
Conference Professional | $150
Scholarships available for older adults and family caregivers!
We have numerous scholarships available to attend both the regular conference and the Summit, and can include a hotel room for overnight stay if need be. Scholarships will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
Send your scholarship request to: email@example.com or call 608-446-4206 for information.
Continuing Education Credits Are Available: .825 CEUs or 8.25 CEHs
Promoting Choice and Control for All
The Aging Empowerment Conference brings together people who are committed to the notion that older people should be empowered to live the life they choose. Our goals for this event are to:
- Challenge traditional ays of thinking about quality of life and explore how older people can retain control and choice
- Give voice to older people’s desire and capacity to maintain control of their lives – including people with dementia
- Promote the exchange of information among older people, family members, and professional caregivers
- Explore how individuals, agencies, and organizations can collaborate to design programs and services that allow opportunity for self-determination
- Identify effective ways to support and empower family caregivers
Who Should Attend
The conference attracts a diverse statewide audience that includes older people, caregivers, and professionals. Professionals who attend include staff from:
- County & Tribal Aging Units
- Adult Protective Services
- Human Services Departments
- Crisis & Mental Health
- Developmental Disabilities
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Advocacy Organizations
- Health Care & Other Services
- Independent Living Centers
- Managed Care Organizations
Questions? Contact Peggy Rynearson by email or call (608) 446-4206.